I have many secret obsessions. American Idol is one of them. Unfortunately it is very time-consuming. Not only does it air 2-3 times a week, but I often find myself being sucked into about half a dozen recap shows. Not to mention the fact that I want to discuss every minute detail of every episode with anyone I know that watches. Last night’s results were so upsetting to me that I had to devote a post to it. I have some thoughts.
1. I love Carly Smithson, David Cook, Brooke White and David Archuleta.
2. I like Michael Johns, Jason Castro, Syesha Mercado, Amanda Overmyer and Chikezie.
3. I don’t really like Ramiele Malubay or Kristy Lee Cook.
4. I am sad to see Amanda Overmyer go. I couldn’t see her actually winning the thing, but I was always excited to see what she was going to do.
5. Carly Smithson in the Bottom 3? Not okay!
I have 2 predictions: 1) David Cook, David Archuleta and Carly Smithson will be the Top 3. 2) Kristy Lee Cook is the new Sanjaya. I think the only thing saving her from elimination is that the same sadistic crazy people that voted to keep a rotten performer in the competition last year are doing it again this year. You heard it here first, folks. What are your thoughts?